Building on the popularity of the FNR 2013 app, which ranked among the top 200 downloads from the Apple Store, this year’s app, FNR 2014, takes advantage of the iPad’s larger screen size, improved camera and the new Apple iOS 7 design and operating system (faster and more fun).
Just like last year, the app provides a complete list of activities with an interactive mapping feature to show where the events are offered and the easiest routes for getting to the ones of interest. Photographs and bios of the artists and descriptions of their performances are once again included.
New features within this year’s FNR 14 mobile app are:
– Bookmark activitites of interest in order to customize an itinerary. These bookmarks can be shared with friends and family.
– Rate individual performances as personal reminders of sights and artists seen.
– Make notes that may be shared with friends and family.
– FNR14 will tweet event hightlights throughout the day and evening. Their Tweets, @FNRaleigh, may be followed within the app.
– Send feedback directly to the FNR team to help them plan for future events.
– Connect with the Facebook pages and Twitter messages of event sponsors.
This is the second in a series of FNR apps developed by Blue Pane Studio on behalf of Artsplosure Raleigh. The app is once again sponsored by Fidelity Investments.